Each summer, your air conditioner works overtime to cool your home, which creates high electricity bills as you combat Sacramento’s scorching temperatures. What if you could reduce the heat in your home without making your air conditioner working overtime? What if you could keep your home comfortable all summer long while enjoying lower energy bills? You can – with solar screens.
- What are solar screens? Solar screens are screens that are designed specifically to decrease the amount of heat gained through the windows in your home due to the sun’s rays. They are made from a thickly woven PVC-coated vinyl that can shade your windows from 80 to 90 percent of the sun’s rays.
- How do solar screen’s work? Solar screens not only provide shade for your home from the sun’s rays. Solar screens also absorb the heat from the sun’s rays before that heat can warm the glass in your windows and radiate into your home.
- How effective are solar screens? Solar screens are one of the most cost-effective ways to cool your home and reduce the energy to run your air conditioner. Studies have found that solar screens can lower the temperature in your home by as much as 15 degrees and can lower your energy bills by as much as 33 percent!
- Are there other benefits to solar screens? While the main benefit of solar screens are to keep your home cooler and help lower your energy bills, they also offer other benefits. Solar screens block UV light, which protects your home’s flooring, furnishings and décor from fading. In addition, they can filter out summertime glares that may make your home uncomfortable. And because solar screens have a darkening effect for your windows, they provide an added layer of privacy, making it difficult for people to see into your home.
- How do solar screens look? Solar screens look like any other window screens, just more opaque. You can even customize your sun screens to suit the look of your home! Solar screens are available in a wide variety of colors, so you can find the best one to accentuate your home’s exterior. You can also add decorative grids to your solar screens for that extra aesthetic appeal.
How can I get solar screens installed on my home?
If you take a trip to the home-improvement store in search of solar screens, you’ll find that there are no standard window screen size, meaning all solar screens require custom fitting. That’s not a problem for us! At A to Z Window Screens, we can custom fit any of your windows with energy-saving solar screens. Call to schedule your consultation today, and enjoy lower home-energy bills this summer!