As temperatures warm, homeowners always seem to be faced with a dilemma. Open up the windows and doors to enjoy the breeze or stay safe and secure behind locked doors and windows. But there’s a solution that can allow you to enjoy pleasant spring weather while instilling a peace of mind: Security screen doors.
About security screen doors
Security screen doors are designed to allow you to open your home to enjoy the breeze like traditional screen doors, but as the name suggests, security screen doors go further. Security screen doors are designed to protect your home from intruders. When you have a security screen door in place, you’re protected by:
• A break-in-resistant door frame. Security screen doors are made of tougher metals than traditional screen doors. Generally, doors are constructed of stainless steel, industrial aluminum or other alloys. Regardless of material, all security screen door frames are engineered to be able to withstand the force of an attempted break-in.
• Specialized mountings. Security screen doors are installed with flush mountings. These specialized mountings give the doors added strength, and they make it difficult for doors to be pried open or removed for burglars to gain entry.
• Tougher screen materials. Many security screen doors either come or can be installed, with tougher mesh that can’t be forced through or cut. Security screens can be made from stainless steel or coated mesh that make doors nearly impossible for criminals to break through.
• Secure locks. Security screen doors lock firmly into place. When you’re home, you can turn the lock to keep your security screen door tightly in place. Many security screen doors come with a variety of lock options so you can choose the lock system that feels most secure for your home.
• Warranties. It’s impossible to prevent 100 percent of break-ins, but most security screen door companies are so confident in their products and their products’ ability to keep your home safe, that they offer warranties to replace doors, and some of the home damage or theft costs, if an intruder is able to bypass your security screen door and enter your home.
Installing a security screen door in your home
Many homeowners avoid security screen doors because they associate them with ugly barred doors and windows, but that couldn’t be further from the truth! Security screen doors come in a variety of styles, and they are made to enhance the look of your home. And because they are made strong enough to withstand the force of an intruder, they’re also strong enough to withstand the elements and will stay looking great for years to come.
With all of the security features that comprise security screen doors, you can have peace of mind, whether you’re looking for an added level of security on your doors or you’re looking to enjoy the spring breeze while keeping your home secure. Call A to Z Window Screens to learn more about your security screen door options today.